It's a doctor's job to be technical. But when it comes to your body, you want clear and straightforward answers. Milwaukee Spinal Specialists has collected some of the most common questions from patients regarding back pain with Dr. Robbins' answers. Some of them may address your own situation, while others will provide insight about back pain and surgical procedures.
- Why me? Why is this happening to me?
- What could be the cause of my back pain?
- At what point should I call a doctor?
- Are there things I can do on a day-to-day basis to keep my back healthy?
- What's the best way to choose a back doctor or surgeon?
- Can my primary care physician refer me to a back specialist or surgeon?
- What can I expect from a doctor's clinical exam?
- Do I always need a second opinion?
- I've been hearing about something called Minimally Invasive Surgery. What is it and how can it help me?
- Is there always a minimally invasive answer or solution?
- I'm afraid of surgery. How do the benefits and risks compare?
- Do you have an overall treatment philosophy?
- Is there anything that you're doing as a surgeon that others aren't?
- Do you often work with other doctors?